The other day I read yet another article on the wonderful benefits of oil pulling.
- Its an ancient Ayurvedic practice of detoxification pulling toxins out of the body, skin and mouth
- Whitens teeth and improves oral hygiene (anyone who knows me well knows of my slight obsession with having a clean mouth)
- Pulls out bacteria, germs and other debris from the mouth
- Helps boost and maintain a healthy immune system
- Increased energy
- Clear mind
- Clears out the sinuses
- Better sleep
- More regulated menstrual cycles
- Prevents bad breath
- Healthier gums
- Improves lymphatic system
- Clears skin
It’s simple to do.
- Wake Up.
- Grab a tablespoon, fill it with oil (sesame is the recommended, I use cold press organic coconut oil).
- Swish the oil around in your mouth- like mouthwash for 20 mins.
- Spit oil out in the garbage or in a container (oil down the drain will likely clog the pipes, especially if it hardens like coconut oil does, plus its full of toxins so it’s best to dispose of it mindfully).
- Rinse mouth with salt water and spit out.
- Brush teeth with baking soda or a natural toxin free toothpaste.
- Rehydrate with at least one glass of lemon water.
It is best to oil pull first thing in the am on an empty stomach. Do not swallow the oil its full of germs and toxins.
So, after reading another article on the positives of oil pulling, which I like to think is a gentle ‘prompt from the universe’, I asked my partner if he wanted to do 21 days of oil pulling, track our progress and compare our results at the end of the 21 days. I was so excited about working this into our morning routine, tracking as a couple and doing our own little mini health experiment.
He said no. He did not share my enthusiasm 😉
And for a brief moment I considered not doing it. Then I caught myself. I realized if I really wanted to do this it didn’t matter if my partner did it with me or not. If I wanted to do it- I just needed to do it. Ultimately I can have the same amount of fun, excitement and discovery if I do it on my own and it helps me strengthen my muscle of internal motivation and inspiration, when I’m not depending on him to see it through to completion.
Yes it’s helpful to have someone to help keep the accountability up, and I know I’ve got to a point in my life where I know myself to be a very capable human who is able to honour a “challenge” like this totally on my own. My level of accountability is sharing with you lovers.
I started the 21 day oil pulling experiment today.
A pre-holiday RSL Invitation:
Anyone else who wants to jump on this pre-holiday cleans fest, lets do it! Share either below or on our FB wall that you are joining the RSL Pre-Holiday Oil Pulling Party. Within the FB community we have a positive space to encourage each other AND share our awesome results!!
So excited to see what the next 20 days of cleansing are going to bring!! YEAAAA!
Radical Self Love to the MAX!!!