The past few days I have been feeling in the thick of overwhelm and super emotional. I know in part it has to do with where I am in my cycle- ladies I know you know what I mean 😉
There is also another part to it. When I let myself get only a little disorganized I immediately begin to feel the impact. To me this shows up in the form of internal anxiety, emotional overwhelm and a general desire to withdraw from my relationships and the world.
So today I took my power back and reclaimed control over my experience. I did a nice long juicy meditation to start the day, fueled up on a yummy breakfast and then rocked a 3 hour organization and planning session with my partner, before starting my “work” day.
Running a company takes a lot of work and energy. It’s completely do-able it just has to be managed in an effective way. For me this looks like very detailed plans of action. Upon recommendation from my coach, we took the 1 year vision for RSL and broke it into 3 phases. Inside of each of these phases we came up with the priority categories, our intentions and specific actions.
5 Simple Steps for Overcoming Overwhelm
1. Slow down your breath. Take 7-10 deep slow breaths and calm down your nervous system. When the body relaxes the mind relaxes and you are able to see things a little more clearly.
2. Meditate. Any kind of meditation will do. Calm it down with a guided meditation, silence meditation, listening to relaxing music or a movement meditation.
3. Drink more water. Seriously. A build up of toxins in the body or dehydration will stress the body which leads to a higher likely hood of feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Drinking water hydrates the brain, balances the body and flushes out the crap we may be storing inside.
4. Invest in the time to organize. Write a list, clean your car, clean your closet. Cleaning the clutter in the physical space helps clear the clutter in the mind. It works like a charm.
5. TAKE ACTION. Usually when we are feeling stressed and overwhelmed is because we are dwelling in our minds, we have stopped taking consistent action- and when we do this the mind goes nuts. The mind is always active and if we are not consciously directing it towards specific actions it will run idle and default to focusing on our fears and worries. Taking action-one action at a time, brings us back into the NOW-the present moment-where only love and bliss reside.
We all get stressed sometimes and when we do it is a sign we have just got out of sync with ourselves and our true nature which is joy, bliss and love. It’s ok to have these experiences and the more you are conscious of what you are experiencing the quicker you will find your way back to the serenity of the present moment 🙂
Radical Self Love to the MAX!!!