Optimism = Power
Power in the sense of having full and complete control over our perception of the events, circumstances and happenings of our life. The more optimistic we become the more likely we are to have a strong sense of self worth, self value and self love. This is simple. At this point we have identified and understand that we are the only ones driving the experience of our lives. We’ve learned to take 100% responsibility for themselves and their lives. When we are able to do this we access true power.
False Power vs True Power
False power is simply power driven by the ego. The intention of this kind of power is to control and manipulate others for the gain of a small few- sometimes even for just your own personal gain. This kind of power feels yucky in the body and even heavier in our hearts. Simply because it’s not on purpose.
True power is simply driven by our hearts. This is the soul path which wants what is best for all. Being in our true power means being vulnerable, admitting when we mess up and taking 100% responsibility for the life we live- knowing our external circumstances and conditions are only mirroring our internal state. True power feels good in the body it allows us to open up, connect and lead by example.
No one is “perfect”.
Occasionally I veer off the path, I am human after all. During these little detours I become even more present to the glory and power being an optimist holds since I feel and experience first hand how ‘off’ it feels dabbling in the negativity/victim pool. The unattainable expectations we create inside the illusion of “perfection” are all a function of the ego and the first indicator we have taken the exit to negativity town. When we begin to realize our “perfection” lies within our imperfections and the totality of the human experience, we get back on the road to optimism.
The Top 5 Benefits of Optimism
1. It feels better. Plain and simple. When you are optimistic there is a certain peace and gentleness that takes over the internal experience. Thus we are left having an experience of feeling better in our physical bodies, emotions and mentally.
2. It makes you more productive. People who don’t waste time being consumed by drama and negativity free up a lot of space to focus on other things. People who complain about not having enough time can easily create more time by ending the addiction to negative thinking. Constantly running negative thoughts, emotions and stories in the mind that take up a lot of mental energy and they also drain the emotional energies. To be productive we gotta have the mental energies and emotional energies full and in alignment with each other.
3. It’s a filtering device. Unhappy people will not enjoy spending time with people who are happy. When you are optimistic you can filter out the people who are bringing negative vibes into your experience in a really unobtrusive and kind manor. Those types of energies must be filtered out to live a life on purpose and one where we are feeling happy, fulfilled and powerful attractors.
4. Your life will get better. An optimist already sees their life as full, abundant and amazing. Guess how the law of attraction works? What you focus on expands and as you give focus to all that is going well you will get more things to praise and appreciate. The better it gets the better it gets.
5. You become a magnet for success, love and abundance. The universe we live in is a benevolent one and abundance, love and success are wanting to make their way into your experience. The key to allowing them in is aligning your vibration, thoughts and emotions to the energy of those outcomes. Meaning when you are feeling good aka rocking the optimism train you are in vibrational alignment to usher those experiences in. The more consistent you are in being positive and seeking the good, the more evidence you will collect that illustrates the very strong correlation between seeing the world through the lens of positivity, acting in alignment with that perspective of optimism and attracting everything you are looking to bring into your life.
Becoming a positive, optimistic person takes practice just like anything. Positivity is a muscle and you must build it every day if you want to see any tangible results. Take it one moment at a time, one day at a time. Make a conscious choice to see things through the lens of love and positivity. Over time positivity will become a natural extension of who you are and in the times when you veer off path, as you build this muscle, you will be able to get back on track and in vibrational harmony with the goodness of the Universe really quickly, which is pretty freaking incredible!
Radical Self Love to the MAX!!!