This morning I was lazy and it was good for my health.
I ran out of almond milk and instead of going to the store (a mere 3 minute walk) I made a batch of milk from scratch. My reasons for making it at home were simple I was feeling lazy and wanted to stay in my pj’s. Which got me to thinking why do I go out to the store and buy it when it’s
- A- way more cost effective to make at home?
- B- Takes a mere 10 mins from start to finish?
- C- Tastes way better/ contains more nutritional value?
When it comes down to it I buy almond milk more out of perceived convenience more than anything else. So when I chose health and fitness as my area for my 7 Day Radical Self Love Reset it just made total sense that I made raw milk from home this morning, as it is honestly better for me. The shelf life on this puppy is about 1 week since it hasn’t been pasteurized, so I made a small batch that I knew we would go through in a weeks time. Turned out pretty wonderfully and here is the how to in under 10 mins:
- cheesecloth or a milk bag
- a high powered blender
- an empty glass bottle (recycled jars work too)
Ingredients you will need:
- handful of raw cashews
- handful of raw almonds
- handful of raw sunflower seed
- 3 organic dates (I like my milk on the less sweet side so if you like it sweeter add more dates accordingly)
- 1 TBSP of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- filtered water (a full blender full)
How to make the milk magic happen:
- pit the dates
- put everything in the blender
- blend on highest speed for 2-3 minutes
- strain through a cheesecloth or milk bag
- pour milk into a sealed bottle or container
**If you have more time than 10 mins I would totally recommend soaking the nuts overnight to sprout them, release more of their the awesomeness enzymes and make your milk creamier. After soaking over night give them a quick rinse and pop them in the blender with the rest of the ingredients and proceed**
Im so stoked my 7 Day Radical Self Love Reset this week has re-presenced me to the awesomeness of making things like cashew/almond milk from scratch. In all honesty making it at home is way quicker than heading to the store plus I get way more nutritional value out of it since it’s completely raw and unpasteurized. Getting back into the swing of making really yummy food consistently, intentionally putting high vibing food and drinks into my body and rocking the start of a 30 day squat challenge. makes for a solid 7 day reset. I’m going to keep this area my one of focus for the next week and likely the entire month until I finish my squat challenge which means I’ll probably have some interesting shares about that in the upcoming weeks 😉
Radical Self Love to the MAX!!!