Living and learning by our own design
This morning I watched a really incredible video. For those who know me I love to immerse myself in any content which is inspirational, positive and love filled. When this content includes the awesomeness of little humans I’m even happier.
Kids know where it’s at. They are in constant states of creation because they are present. Plain and simple. My life experience has taught me kids are pure innocence and are super duper aligned with the pure potentiality which resides in each and every one of us. The reason I can see they are more aligned with source, their truth, God- however it makes sense to you- is because they have not yet fully bought into the illusion of fear.
They are in exploration and discovery mode. They adventure, even if they are scared they still try something they are curious about and in doing so learn such incredible life lessons. Adults are the ones who for the most part have lost sight of the awe, wonder of being alive and the magical universe we live in. Kids remind us of the truth.
As the collective consciousness shifts the systems we use must shift as well- Education is one of those systems.
Having gone through the standard school system I was left less than inspired by the structure and models used to teach kids and young adults. The whole thing just never made much sense to me- which I take to mean is an indication I will be part of the inspired movement to change it.
To me what makes sense is this:
- Everyone is unique and views the world through their perception and life experiences. Meaning a one size fits all education model makes no sense. A system which understands and honours diverse learning styles and designs curriculum accordingly brings us all into greater vibrational alignment
- Innovation and creativity are skills to nurture inside of an education platform
- Teaching creativity means the education itself must be creative, flexible, and ever evolving
- Instead of forced learning, adopting a flow of focusing on the strengths of the individual and enhancing what they are naturally good and and most interested in
- Making content relevant and relatable
- Teaching fundamental life skills, personal development, love consciousness, communication skills, environmental awareness, gardening/self sustaining community practices, how to really rock with money, life design and the ancient sacred wisdom of the Universe
- Allowing kids to teach us what they know, value their input, allow their contribution- so we as a collective community can begin to remember who we actually are
It’s already happening.
Yup its true. Enough people have woken up and begun to question the systems we are a part of. When faulty or outdated systems exist instead of fighting and resisting them, a more effective and efficient strategy is available: build new and improved models. Green School is one of my all time favs. What is truly inspiring to me is witnessing similar education platforms begin to emerge. (A sweet TED TALK on Green School here)
Below is the video I watched which inspired todays share. This awesome kid illustrates in under 12 minutes the gloriousness of his education remix. A platform which he characterizes as a “mindset not a system” where creativity is the priority and flexibility is used to enhance the learning process. Pretty freaking rad! It’s examples like these that remind us change is possible, our dreams are achievable and the possibilities of happiness and health are available for anyone open to receiving this beauty of a gift.
Check out hackschooling by Logan LaPlante:
Radical Self Love to the MAX!!!